Access Xtra Cash

Access Xtra Cash
Know More...

Why Fmr. Kwara United Player Held Club's GM Hostage, Seizes 2 Club's Buses In Nnewi ~Omonaijablog

The General Manager of Kwara United Football Club, Bashir Badawiy was yesterday held hostage for almost two hours by over 50 heavily armed men, after the club's Matchday 26 encounter against FC Ifeanyi Ubah at the Ifeanyi Ubah International Stadium, Nnewi.

FC Ifeanyi Ubah won the match 2-1, and immediately after the final whistle, former Kwara United goalkeeper, Eze Chidiebere led his men into the stands to harass Badawiy, and also siezed his mobile phones.

Chidiebere also led his men to beat the two Kwara United FC drivers, Ezekiel Akhuete and Ajape Jimoh, and forcefully collected keys to the club's Coaster and Hummer buses from them.

The player claimed that Kwara United FC was owing him N4.5 million naira, being the total sign-in fee he was entitled to as at the time he played for the Ilorin-based club, covering three football seasons.

It took the interventions of the Chairman of FC Ifeanyi Ubah, Chukwuma Ubah and his officials, as Chidiebere was hell bent on not only holding Badawiy hostage, but taking the two buses away, until his money is paid.

The mayhem, which also caught the Technical Adviser, Coach Abdullahi Biffo, Welfare Officer, Abdulkadri Saheed, Referees Coordinator, Tosho Mohammed, Media Officer, Jimoh Bashir, Admin Officer, Taiwo Akande and the CSO, Yinka Bayero in the web, was compounded by the absence of security men at the Stadium.

The players and some officials were forced to trek back to their hotel, as a result of the ugly development, as the thugs threatened to go beyond what they did should Kwara United FC refuse to transfer over N1million into Chidiebere's account.

A Special Army squad came to the rescue of the General Manager and his men, as they dispersed the thugs, and took them to safety.

It also took the intervention of the Chairman of Kwara United, Kumbi Titiloye, who made arrangements for security for the team at the their hotel, and also escorted the team out of Nnewi.

Chairman of FC Ifeanyi Ubah made spirited efforts through the night, to ensure the release of the keys to the two buses.

Post a Comment