FirstMonie! Yaba to Yobe

FirstMonie! Yaba to Yobe
Know More...

Woman Carelessly Sets Building On Fire In Lagos

For the past couple of weeks, fire incidents have been a rampant around Lagos streets. Just of recent, there was a reported fire outbreak at a property situated at No 8, Musbau Ashafa off Agbe Road, Abule Egba, Lagos on Tuesday 12th of November at about 3pm. 

A certain woman identified as Itunnu Ademokun was reported to have carelessly burnt a rented apartment where she lives with her family.  

According to an eyewitness’s account, the mother of three was burning candles for spiritual purposes in her bedroom which was attributed to an act of one certain white garment church where she worships. We gathered that the resident also doubles as her trade zone where she makes sales of edible items. She was said to have been attending to one of her numerous customers at the time of the incident when the burning candles caught up with a bed-sheet in her room and spread almost all over the building. 

With the help of well-meaning neighbours, including Jordan FM situated in the neighbourhood, the Lagos State Fire Service, Ilepo Division, was alerted and their arrival brought the situation under control.  

No loss of life was recorded. 

See pictures from the fire incidence.

Post a comment